is from October 20-November 20, 2014
– Project Innovate www.cellcom.com/projectinnovate
One vote per person. Must be 13 years or older to vote
· Our goal is to ensure all students have personalized learning opportunities outside of their school day.
· Did you know that right now there are 2-3 students sitting in each classroom at Bay Port who will go home to no internet access to complete assignments?
· Cellcom is sponsoring a grant for up to $25,000 for the purchase of needed technology.
· The Giving Tree needs your help to support students in poverty without internet access, giving them this basic educational need.
· You can help spread the word by posting/sharing on FB, tweeting, posting on Instagram talking to family and friends and most definitely voting!
· We need to beat other area high schools in votes to win this contest!
· Anyone with an email address can vote - in any state and any country!
The Giving Tree Holiday Store
We are very excited to bring back The Giving Tree Holiday Store for HELPING KIDS this holiday season!
The Giving Tree Holiday Store, located at Green Bay Community Church, will again accept gift donations that allow moms and dads from The Giving Tree and other pre-selected families from the community in need to shop for their own children at costs that are affordable. The money collected from these families will be donated back to The Giving Tree to continue to fulfill its mission.
This concept instills pride and dignity in the families we serve! Based on research and community feedback, we found parents would rather work and pay for the toys and gifts that would bring joy to their kids during the holidays, much more so than standing in the free toy line with their proof of poverty.
How You Can Help the almost 600 students in our district whose families are registered with The Giving Tree.
SAVE THE DATE
Seventh Annual Taste of the Villages and Auction
Thursday April 30, 2015
Back to School Event 2014
Thank you to everyone who took part in the Back Pack Event
For attending and supporting the
Taste of the Villages Auction
The Giving Tree Continues to Branch Out!!
The Giving Tree and Green Bay Community Church continue to partner and will offer a holiday assistance program that instills pride and dignity in the families we serve! Families will again be able to shop at The Giving Tree Holiday Store for their own gifts at costs that are affordable. The money collected from families will be donated back to The Giving Tree to continue to fulfill its mission.
Based on research and community feedback, we found parents would rather work and pay for the toys and gifts that would bring joy to their kids during the holidays, much more so than standing in the free toy/gift line with their proof of poverty. Look for more details to come.
Thank you for your support of The Giving Tree and doing what is best for our students and their families. Your kindness and generosity is greatly appreciated!
Community Giving Closet
A program started by members at Grace Harbor Church to help those in need of clothing - for FREE. Everyone is welcome! Hours on 2nd Wednesday of each month follow Howard's Giving Tree food pantry, and generally one Saturday a month or, if possible, by appointment.
Click here for more information
LOCATION: Grace Harbor Church
1021 Hillcrest Heights Green Bay 54313 (Howard)
CONTACT: Denise McGinnis Community Outreach Director email@example.com
Phone: (920) 471-3858
Check out our FACEBOOK page
Parent Tips- Giving Tree Presentations:
You are cordially invited to parent presentations at TGT…
Where: Bay View Middle School (Activity Room- 246)
Who: Any TGT parent/guardian that is interested in parenting tips
Time: 12 noon to 12:40pm… Please wait outside.
Park: On the street by the front of the building.
Parking lots are not available due to student use.
Please wait outside or between the double doors and Sue Z will come to greet you and walk you to the meeting room”
Benefits: Tips for parents/adults & get a number to be in front of the line.
Topics for the 2014-2015 school year:
October 8: Healthy Snacks
November 12: Saying no to kids is ok... help set boundaries
December 10: Our kids don't need more stuff. What they need is more of us
June : No parent presentation
Ways you can help:
- Volunteer to help with/at the pantry
- Sponsor a food drive at your place of employment, community organization, place of worship, etc.
Please contact a board member to get a list of needed items.
- Donate money to purchase food, personal care items, school supplies, winter apparel.
Please make checks payable to HSSD with The Giving Tree written in the notes
- Donate food, personal care items, school supplies, or winter apparel.
Please contact a board member to get a list of needed items
- Sponsor a student's school fees.
Please make checks payable to HSSD with student fees/Giving Tree in the notes
- Donation List