Children's Rights under McKinney-Vento
Your children have the right to:
- Continue to attend school in the school attended before you became homeless (school of origin).
- Receive transportation to the school of origin.
- Enroll in school without giving a permanent address and attend classes while the school arranges for a school transfer, immunization records or other documents required for enrollment.
- Receive the same special programs and services, if needed, as provided to all other children served in these programs.
- Have enrollment disputes quickly addressed.